As the Labor Day and the long weekend approach, we can all feel the end of Summer is near.
Though we can’t say we are happy to see this sunny season go, we are definitely excited for Fall!
Instead of moping around and blubbering about the end of shorts and pool days, we propose that you toast to the Summer with the perfect Beach picnic!
Besides the obvious need for Summer snacks (think: hotdogs, bbq ribs, potato salads and fresh fruits), we have compiled a list of things to pack to optimize your perfect picnic:
1. A picnic basket to hold all the essentials in- we love this fun one with a zipper close to keep things insulated and organized.
2. A blanket-turkish towels are ideal because they are super soft and comfy!
3. Weck Jars- the best way to keep things like fruits, coleslaw or ceviche from spilling and becoming too messy to eat.
4. Mason to-go Drinking Cups- adorable and have a lid so that no sand gets blown in your drink or spills all over your perfect picnic.
5. Basil Sage Candle- a refreshing and rejuvenating scent that will set the perfect mood.
6. Cutting board-we know this may seem strange, but think about it- every picnic needs a hard surface to place things like drinks, dips and cheeses so that they don’t fall prey to the sand! Also a great place to cut up cheeses and meats without the hassle.
What do you guys think? Anything else you would add?
Don’t live near a beach? That’s ok! Picnics in parks and backyards are just as Summer-centric and appropriate to celebrate the end of the season!
How else do you guys plan to send the Summer out with a bang? Let us know in the comment section!