We love scrubs.
We know we are a little biased, but having our own collection of delicious smelling scrubs has turned us into scrub enthusiasts!
If you haven’t used scrubs before, boy are you missing out! Our natural cane sugar concoctions help to cleanse and slough off dead skin and oils to leave your skin feeling smooth and pampered. Sounds pretty amazing right?
Since we are now pretty much using scrubs every single time we shower, we decided to do a little research and round up some of our favorite tips and facts on these rejuvenating products.
1. Scrubbing is good for you-Using an organic white cane sugar in your body scrub provides natural glycol acid, which gently removes dead skin from the body and is considered a part of a healthy lifestyle routine.
2. You can’t scrub away your natural tan-the melanocytes that make melanin (the pigment that gives color to the skin) live deep under the epidermal layer of the skin. That means your tan is impossible to rub or scrub off. Though the human body sheds thousands upon thousands of skin cells daily, it may take 2-3 weeks for a teen to naturally shed their color.
3. Don’t scrub after shaving- to minimize irritation to your skin after grazing a razor over it, refrain from using a scrub after shaving. Using a scrub before shaving however, is encouraged! Get rid of all that dead skin for a smoother, closer shave.
4. You can exfoliate daily-Exfoliating actually increases circulation, supports lymph drainage AND keeps the outer, more superficial layer of skin smooth, silky and glow-y. Exfoliating your body regularly also allows your moisturizers to be readily absorbed and increases their efficacy.
5. Scrub towards your heart- A beauty secret of spas to make the most of your scrub and stimulate blood flow. Start at your feet and massage the scrub in a circular motion up the legs and the torso. Continue at your fingertips and massage up the arm.
If you haven’t tried our super moisturizing and amazing scrubs yet, we suggest heading over to the site (here) and trying them out! Here’s to the beautiful and healthy skin!
Ps. It is Clean Hands Week and we are offering 15% off of all of our soaps and scrubs with the code ‘CLEAN’ to aid in the efforts to promote hand washing to minimize germs and save lives!